There’s nothing better than a bombshell blowout, amirite?! Whether you splurged at the salon, used an on-demand beauty app or did it yourself, we know you want your sleek tresses to go the distance. Well, you’re welcome, because these styling-saving tips, tricks and product picks are guaranteed to keep your hair gorgeous, glossy and grime-free for days… and days. So you (and your ‘do) will look Insta-worthy at a moment’s notice. Scroll below for must-have products that will extend the life of your precious blowout.
1. La Tierra Sagrada Shampoo ($36): Starting with clean hair is the key to a long-lasting blowout. Any dirt, oil or product residue will weigh hair down and make the style fall flat in no time. This paraben- and sulfate-free formula cleanses the scalp and your strands, helps remove build-up and boosts shine. Finish with a lightweight conditioner on the ends only.
2. Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème ($24): No matter your hair type, a protectant is the first step to preventing damage to your tresses. This weightless formula — infused with rosehip, argan and coconut oils — smoothes strands, tames frizz, enhances softness and, of course, protects tresses up to 425°F.
4. Lilysilk 19 Momme Oxford Silk Pillowcase ($35): Sleeping on pure silk guarantees strands stay smooth, hydrated and knot-free. To prevent that dreaded bedhead, consider swapping your cotton pillowcase for a silk option. If you aren’t ready to invest in new bedding, cover your hair with a silk sleep cap like Lilysilk Silk Night Sleeping Cap ($59) for super sleek tresses.
6. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($23): Around day three, strands can start looking, well, a little limp and oily. This best-selling, blowout-extending essential absorbs excess oils, perks up roots and boosts volume, so strands stay fresh in between washes. For best results, mist dry shampoo at the roots and let it sit for a minute before working it in using your fingertips. Hitting the gym? Give your strands a pre-workout spritz. Doing this will create a sweat-absorbent barrier. Who knew?
7. amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner ($22): Packed with antioxidants, this anti-static formula detangles, fights frizz and softens strands. Use on second- or third-day hair to refresh and restore a glossy sheen to your blowout without weighing it down. It’s seriously a savior for fine, dry hair types.